How to Dry Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs and Nuts
From Howtopedia - english
Drying Apple Rings
- Cut an apple in slices like a cucumber (you can peel it or not if it had no pesticides on it). If you have the tool for it, take the center of the apple away first.
- Put the apple slices quickly in a solution of clean water and lemon juice or of clean water and salt (sea water is not clean enough).
- make a long "nakelace" with the apple rings on a cord or a string,
- Hang the string with the apple rings in a shaded, warm and well ventilated place.
The rings should be dry within approximatly 2 days, depending on the temperature and humidity of the location. Deanna Lim Min
- How to Preserve Food by Drying
- How to Preserve Food with a Solar Dryer
- How to Preserve Food with Small Scale Drying Technologies
- How to Build a Tray Dryer
- The Anagi Tray Dryer