How to Grow Sweet Potatoes (Yams) in a Mound
From Howtopedia - english
Sweet Potato Mound
Sweet Potatoes are easy to grow, but tough to harvest, here is an easy way to do this.
What you'll need:
- 2 or 3 metres of sweet potato cutting
- Small quantity of Straw or other Mulch.
- Pick a location
- Build a small mound, maybe 80cm across at the top. and a meter high
- Weave the sweet potato cutting into a crown-of-thorns shape, a little smaller than the top of the mound.
- Place the platted cutting onto the mound, and cover with mulch.
- As the potatos grow, it will send out runners, trim these off so that the plant puts all its energy into growing potatoes.
- After 6-12 months, remove any remaining mulch, and lift the crown-of-thorns. Underneath it should be all the sweet potatoes.
Authored by Mitra, from information supplied by Shine
- How to Grow a Banana Circle
- How to Build a Herb Spiral
- How to Grow Potatoes in Tyres
- How to Grow Sweet Potatoes (Yams) in a Mound
- How to Build a No-Dig Garden
- How to Start Culture in Zai Holes